PE & School Sport Premium
The Primary PE & Sport Premium is additional funding provided to schools by the government that is specifically targeted at improving the provision of physical education and sport. They believe that the funding will ensure that all pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. To achieve self-sustaining progress in the quality of PE and sport we implement new initiatives based on the following outcomes:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles;
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement;
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Download our sports premium report to see how the money has been spent and what impact it has had.