At Broadheath School Nursery we believe that children deserve the best possible start to their education. We offer a safe, secure and happy environment in which children flourish, gain confidence and become ready to learn. They will be supported by experienced staff including qualified teachers who are all committed to providing quality nursery education and care.
At Broadheath Primary School Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
In the EYFS we will teach:
- Through the three prime areas of learning: Personal, Social and Emotional development; Communication and Language; and Physical Development
- Along with four specific areas of learning: Literacy; Mathematics; Expressive Arts and Design; and Understanding the World
We promote learning through creating an engaging, positive environment whilst providing opportunities for your child to learn through fun, purposeful play. At each stage of your child’s development, their teacher will identify the stage they are on through observations and will then support them to progress further at their own pace. Nursery children learn through a mixture of adult–led and child initiated learning, both of which are important in your child’s development. The Nursery teachers plan the learning opportunities through topics and themes which follow the children’s interests.
Highlights for this half term
This term we will be learning all about Winter and going to Infinity and beyond with our Space topic. The children will be making moon rock cakes and flying to the moon!
We will also be celebrating Chinese New Year and Easter. The children will have the opportunity to parade their Easter bonnets during our Spring Sing celebration.
- Getting to know our new teachers
- Joining in with Miss Preston’s singing and guitar playing
- Exploring snow and ice
- Eating astronauts food
- Spring Sing
Things to look forward to…
- Learning all about our Seasons
- Reading amazing new stories and revisiting some of our favourites
- Our Christmas celebration
- A visit from Father Christmas
- Baking in our food technology room
- Investigating lots of new toys and learning new skills