Welcome to Year 4’s page.
In Year 4, there is a real enthusiasm to approach learning with a positive attitude, with ‘I Can’ at the forefront of every child’s mind. Class 4B is taught by Mrs Bainton and Class 4WH is taught by Mrs Williams and Mrs Hallett. The children are also very lucky to have Ms Boyd, a superb classroom assistant, who works alongside the teachers to support the children.
This year, we are teaching an exciting new enquiry-based creative curriculum which will cover a wide range of topics. The children will be investigating: the Romans; Ancient Greece; how to write music; sound; electricity and many more. Our aim in Year 4 is to enthuse the children and promote curiosity across a broad and balanced curriculum, both in the classroom and outdoors.
All children are encouraged to work to the very best of their ability and give their all, being challenged and supported every step of the way. We believe it is essential that children have a positive growth mindset to learning. At the heart of it all, our priority is to ensure every child has the platform they need to reach their full potential.
Highlights for this half term
Theme: Fantastic Fantasy
- Exploring the fantasy genre in English, with many different creative writing opportunities
- Electricity (making circuits and investigating how electricity is made and used)
- Music (writing our own compositions, learning about John Williams)
Theme: Marvellous Matter
- Exploring the different states of matter (solid, liquid, gas) and what causes them to change
- Geography (the formation of valleys, particularly glacial valleys)
- Christmas (working towards our Christmas performance)